Every Divorce involves both emotional and financial separation. Debbie Shawn, founder of Divorce Matters understands that ending a marriage is overwhelming. More importantly, she understands that for most people, this is all new. And, the learning curve is steep.
You will need to:
- Understand your options and determine which Separation process is best for your situation,
- Understand what information you need to locate and how to locate it,
- Understand the importance of prioritizing your personal concerns,
- Figure out how to make it all cost effective.
Debbie Shawn, founder of Divorce Matters, is available to guide you through the process of preparing for an organized Divorce.
Debbie has developed Checklists, Summary Sheets and Information Modules that are designed to help you be your own best advocate during the Separation and Divorce process. She will work directly with you, using these tools to help you ensure that you and your Divorce team have the best opportunity to protect your post-Separation future.
Working with your Divorce team efficiently, and being able to provide required documents on time will ultimately save you money and reduce stress. And, as an added benefit, these new organizational skills will be invaluable as you move forward with the next stage of your life.
In addition to the Divorce Matters’ standardized tools, Debbie can also design personalized systems to meet your individual needs.
Joint consultation with both marital partners and Debbie is another way to reduce the costs of Separation and Divorce. Debbie is experienced in assisting clients who want to work co-operatively with their separated spouses to organize and complete the necessary paperwork collaboratively.
Clients who have extended health benefits for Social Work services may be able to be reimbursed for Divorce Matters services. Check with your provider to see if you have coverage for Social Work services.
Subscribe for event updates & resources about planning for an organized divorce.
A Divorce organized by Divorce Matters will help you:
• Understand the Divorce process
• Locate and organize the paperwork needed to negotiate important aspects of your Divorce
• Complete your Financial Disclosure Forms 13, 13.1, required by your Divorce team
• Save money on professional fees
• Feel more in control of your life